Did you just get a wooden plank?
Here are our maintenance tips in a nutshell:
- Keep flat on counter
- Clean with a clean cloth regularly.
- Do a good cleaning with a sponge and soapy water occasionally.
- Oil the board as soon as it seems dry.
- Use wax to provide superior protection.
Now in detail:
- First, it should stay flat on the counter as much as possible to prevent it from bending.
When it is not too dirty, a simple wipe of the cloth is enough to remove the dirt. When it gives off an odor or is very dirty, brushed cleaning with a sponge and soapy water is necessary.
- Once properly cleaned, the board will appear rather dry or whitish. It's time to oil it up!
- Here is an example:
- To oil, just drip some oil on the board, spread it gently with a paper towel and let the board absorb it all for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the oil has been absorbed, it's time to wax the board with a cloth or paper towel
- Let stand for a good hour and you're done!
For more information or comments, do not hesitate to contact us.